About Us:

This all began about three years ago through the generosity
and love of the Sosbee family.
Becki and Toby, along with their children set out to help
a little unforgotten corner of their community.
Those in need…. Every other Saturday, and off days when
the need was there, people came to their little red barn and were greeted with
love, smiles, & blessings. No judgment.
Some time back my husband, my children, and I joined them in their efforts.
Along with just enjoying our time with my sister and my brother-in-law, we
began to see what a difference they were really making.
We slowing began adding families in our neighborhood. This
is all really beginning to grow!
There have been a lot of prayers, tears, joy, & hard
work but it’s all worth it.

James 2:15-16

"If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?"




Thursday, October 11, 2012


SOWED in Ramona and Guatay has been blessed by our long-time relationship with Jordan Outreach Ministries in Coachella, California.  Thanks to the wonderful partnership with Pastor Joe Jordan and his wife Kris; countless thousands have been fed over the past 3 years.

Pastor Joe and Kris Jordan founded the work of Jordan Outreach Ministries International in 1997.  In the fall of 1997, Jordan Outreach Ministries began under the umbrella of Fred Jordan Missions as Fred Jordan Missions-Coachella Valley. In 2001, Jordan Outreach Ministries, an independent, Christian, non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization came to be.

Today, Pastor Joe and Kris continue to work hand-in-hand doing all they can to help meet the growing needs of the Coachella Valley's impoverished families and at-risk children and youth.  It is through their gracious giving hands that our little family has been able to accomplish so much to help the hurting and hungry of Ramona and Guatay.  We are eternally grateful for everything provided to us through Jordan Outreach Ministries.

In Matthew 6:20, the bible says "Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal".  With Jordan Outreach Ministries, they truly understand that concept and put it into real life action.

Also, in Matthew 25:33-40, the bible says "On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand, "Come, enter the Kingdom. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me." Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say, "Depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me." These will ask Him, "When did we see You hungry, or thirsty or sick and did not come to Your help?" And Jesus will answer them, "Whatever you neglected to do unto one of these least of these, you neglected to do unto Me!".

Let it never be said of SOWED in Ramona and Guatay that we neglected our neighbors and fellow men, when we have the power to serve others with eternal devotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment